Friday, September 21, 2007

She is still a She!

I don't have the pics scanned yet so I will add them tonight or tomorrow. You know a teaching hospital is necessary, but does it have to be in my hometown? I love seeing the baby but when it is for over an hour and your ultrasound tech is a newbie it is not so fun. After about an hour of trying to get certain shots and he still wasn't successful he said he was going to go get another sonographer and make sure everything was okay, then he paused, then he got up and said "um, yeah, okay" and then he left. Mike and I didn't say anything to each other but we both had a funny look on our face. Then the "pro" came in and started to look around and doing her thing. She was much better at getting the shots but it was just too long on my back and mixed with the thought that something might be wrong I started to feel really sick. So I asked to sit up for a second and Mike asked if my back was hurting and I said not I just didn't feel right, so she had me lay down tilted to my left side and she continued. I still wasn't feeling good so she told me to turn all the way on my left side and I finally started to feel better. Then I asked her if she could do 3D and apparantly she already had and printed pics as well. Mike was like she just did that a few seconds ago. LOL! I said oh that must have been in my almost black out stupor! I remember her talking about the umbiblical cord but was concentrating more on not barfing all over Mike. So note to self - don't rest on your back since it does cut off most of your circulation while pregnant. I still didn't feel well the rest of the night and woke up chocking on my own vomit. I didn't feel sick to my stomach but I guess I drank too much water before I went to bed cause at 11:00 pm I woke up puking in my mouth, which is alway pleasant. I think maybe the baby was moving and that caused it. I feel better today but still a little off. I am guessing it is just the 3rd trimester catching up with me. I am pretty sure there was nothing wrong with the baby, it was just the newbie's inability to get a good shot, cause the other tech seemed totally capable and unconcerned about anything. She just asked the guy what he didn't get and she picked it up right away. I still don't know the result of where the placenta is cause they are not really allowed to say much of anything except the gender and what is what. I have another appointment booked for the 26th and the OB will let me know then. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the baby and it was just a newbie being a newbie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.